Have vasculitis rashes all over body. Taking prednisone but getting worse. Have painful ankles and knees. Suggest?

hi,i have vasculitis rashes that now cover about 60% of my body.iam taking 50mg of prednisone but it is not slowing seems to be getting my ankles and knees are so painful that i can barely walk.any suggessions
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 58 minutes later
Thanks for the query,

Vasculitis can be controlled by steroids.
You have been prescribed a correct medication.

However as you dont have a response, a change over to injectable methyl prednisolone will be much better.

Another option is Intra venous immunoglobulin.
It is costlier but gives excellent results.

Please XXXXXXX your treating doctor and discuss regarding both these options.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you