Have urge to urinate frequently through night stings, penis and bladder feel itchy. PSA prostrate readings normal

Jul 2016

Male 65 years urge to urinate frequently through night stings only at night and penis and bladder feel itchy . Once bladder empty no problems and throughout day no problems PSA prostrate readings are all ok Could this problem be caused by red wine ?
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Benign Enlargement of Prostate which is very common at this age.
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and following tests to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Routine urine examination.
2) Haemogram
3) Blood sugar levels on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch to rule out Diabetes.
4) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen and ultrasound scanning with rectal probe. to detect enlarged Prostate .

Further treatment will be decided by him depending upon his clinical findings and reports of these tests.

This is unlikely to be due to red wine.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you