Have upset bowels, hemorrhoids and feeling irritation and itching. Suffer stomach pain. Concerned?

General Surgeon
I am having issues with using the bathroom and have a few concerns. First, I will go days with out having a bowel movement and then I will have diarrhea, or maybe just a small movement. Sometimes the small ones are easy to pass and sometimes their not. I have hemorrhoids from giving birth to my son 20 months ago. I dont feel like the hemorrhoids are "inflamed" when I use the restroom because I dont get the irritating itch or anything like that, but when I do go it looks almost like the inside of my colon starts to protrude out. Depending on what I have eaten is depending on what stomach pain I have prior to these bowel upsets. I eat really clean - practically paleo- but regardless if I "cheat" on my eating lifestyle it seems like I just cant get my movements right. I have seen a doctor that just looked at me like I was crazy and tried to blame my healthy lifestyle. I have also been told that it could be stress related (by non professionals). Either way, something does not feel right in that area and I am concerned. Is there anything I can research on my own to ask my doctor about? Do these symptoms sound concerning?
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 29 minutes later
As per your query,you got haemorrhoids due to pregnancy.They are natural in some women.They do no cause much discomfort.If the haemorrhoids are symptomatic,bleeding will be seen per rectum.As there is no bleeding in your case,it is not of much concern.
It looks like you are having Irritable bowel syndrome(IBS).It is related to Stress.
I prescribe a Pre and Probiotic capsule along with Anxiolytic drug to my patients with similar complaints.
I also advice for examination of Anal region and investigate with Colonoscopy.
You should eat high fiber diet.
You can ask your doctor for Colonoscopy.It will diagnose most of the lesions.
If you come back with the report,i will clarify further.
Practise Yoga or Meditation for better results
Wish you good health