Have unraised red spots on face, neck and upper chest. Suffer sore throat, swollen tonsils, back ache and red watery eyes. Measles?

I think my 20 year old son may have measels. He has a rash that is unraised red spots on his face and neck and upper chest, sore throat, swollen tonsils, back ache, red watery eyes, and irritability. We first noticed the rash about 3 hours ago. I don't know for sure about this as I am just a mom. I am not in the medical field. I am concerned about how i take him to be checked. If it is measels he is spreading it now. So do I take him to a family practice physician, urgent care, the ER? Do I need to call first and say I think I am bringing you measels? My son was vaccinated as a child but he had testicular cancer at 16. He underwent lots of chemotherapy to kill his cancer. This also wiped out all of his vaccines. He has only recently been eligeable to begin vaccinations. Like within the past month. Help? :-)
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Completely recoverable. show to Family physician.

Detailed Answer:

As far as measles is concerned, it is completely recoverable in 2 or 3 weeks. As your son already had chemotherapy for testicular cancer, he must be treated specially.

I understand you are concerned. But with early treatment, this condition is easily managed. I request you to talk to his regular physician that you suspect that your son could have a measle rashes. I am sure the doctor will understand the seriousness of the concern and will arrange the fastest way to examine him.

If his regular physician is unavailable you can consider skin experts at the urgent care clinic. They should be able to help you.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Wish your son good health.