Have unprotected sex. Had urinal and vaginal infection. Used antiseptic ointments. Stinging sensation in vagina. STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I am 45, female, did have unprotected sex with unknown man against my will in May, was no trauma made, no immediate symptoms of any disease, but from end of July, all of August - had urinal and vaginal infection, which would not go away with home remedies. Drank a lot of pure water, used antiseptic ointments. It's easier now (mainly I think due to drinking a lot of water, which pushed urine through), but I still feel discomfort in that area, especially after sex. Also even now while having sex I have stinging sensation in my vagina, it stays for sometime after. I do not feel generally week, no nausea, but did have swallen glands few days back and lots of headache. Could it be some form of STD? Where can I check up this problem properly in Kolkata? What would be the cost of complete check up for all STDs?

I don't feel that my urinary infection subsided really, it just that I drink a LOT, so urine pushes through, but there still discomfort and need to go often, sometimes only with small volume of urine.

I have my menstruation regular as usual, 26 days cycle.
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vaginal swab culture and sensitivity

Detailed Answer:
You can consult local gynecologist and undergo:
-Physical examination
-Vaginal swab culture and sensitivity
- Urine microscopy and culture and sensitivity.
-Blood investigations for syphilis and serology.
By these investigations the possibility of STDs and/or Take care.

Follow-up: Have unprotected sex. Had urinal and vaginal infection. Used antiseptic ointments. Stinging sensation in vagina. STD? 15 minutes later
so, you think from what I described, it could be syphilis???

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
examination and investigations needed

Detailed Answer:
No, as you asked for complete profile of STDS, I mentioned syphilis as one of them, that's all.
And unlike other STDs it can be better detected by blood test.
Many infections can lead lymphnodal enlargement.
By direct examination and investigations only the exact cause of the problem can be identified and treated.
So consult gynecologist and get examined to find out the exact cause.