Have uncomfortable ejaculation, sperm is too thick. No pain and no frequent urination. Suggest?

I'm wondering what the issue might be here. 56 year old male having somewhat uncomfortable ejaculations as if sperm is too thick to move through the system. Very little, if any, discharge of sperm upon ejac. No daily pain, no apparent enlargement of testes. No considerable issues with painfull or frequent urination. Basically feels like trying to push thick mud through a straw! Uncle (father's side) had prostrate cancer, father didn't.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
you may have Retrograde ejaculation

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this difficulties with your ejaculation semen volume and consistency.

From the information you have provided, the suspicion for retrograde ejaculation is high on my list. In this condition, sperms tend to move rather into the bladder than come out through the urethra to the outside. This should be be responsible for the small volume and thick consistency as you described. This will later on present with cloudy/milky urine after sex. Please, monitor this and see whether this is the case with you.

You have not reported any risk factors for this condition. I will also lie to note that prostate cancer is not a cause for this. Being treated for prostate cancer may cause this but it is not the case with you.

My suggestion: Get evaluated by a urologist. He will look for predisposing factors like drugs/back injuries, examine you and probably do a urine test to confirm this. depending on the outcome, drugs may be proposed to help alleviate this condition.

I hope this answers your question and provides guidance on the way forward. Feel free to ask follow up questions for clarifications if need be.
I wish you well with this process.
You may read more at WWW.WWWW.WW Dr. Ditah, MD

Follow-up: Have uncomfortable ejaculation, sperm is too thick. No pain and no frequent urination. Suggest? 51 minutes later
I have had NO drug use (Rx or otherwise) history, No serious back injuries, and No surgeries in that pelvic area (closest being appendix removal 25 yrs. ago). Is it possible that just an enlarged prostrate alone may be the cause of this issue? Urine flow seems to be fairly normal with no major increase in frequency. If I expel urine before bedtime, I can usually make it through the night without waking and having the need to do so. Would "Low T" (Testosterone level) possibly have anything to do with the cause as well?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prostate? No. Low T? NO

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this follow up.

The tube carrying the sperms actually opens after the prostate. An enlarged prostate would rather prevent a back flow than cause this.

Low T manifest with loss in libido principally. It has nothing to do with possible retrograde ejaculation.

Because there are no clear reasons why this could be happening, get evaluated and let's understand whether for real this is the problem and what the reasons are. If it is confirmed, drugs may be tried to address this problem. A urologist would be the best person for this evaluation.

Has it been a recurrent problem? and for how long?

Hope this helps.
I wish you well and feel free to ask for more clarifications.
Dr. Ditah, MD