Have type 2 diabetes. Feeling nausea and dizzy. Related to diabetes?

Infertility Specialist
My dad has type 2 diabetes. The last couple of days he has been very nauseated and says that he is dizzy. When he lays down the room starts spinning. Do you think this is something to do with his diabetes or is something else going on? I have checked his blood sugar and it is good. His blood pressure is also good. He started insulin about two months ago.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi, if blood sugar and pressure are normal dizziness is not due to these. It might be related to some stress in work or personal life. Ask him to have regular food and take rest for 2 days at home. He will be fine. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Have type 2 diabetes. Feeling nausea and dizzy. Related to diabetes? 1 hour later
I just checked his blood sugar again and it is high now . It is 180 but he hasn't ate anything that he shouldn't have.

Do you think with blood sugar being 180 now that it is from the diabetes?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi, you are right. It is probably from high blood sugar. sugar 180 is high. Anyway give his regular dose, ask him to eat something and sleep. If he takes good sleep, he should be fine in 2 days. But if dizziness does not decrease after rest he might need to go to hospital for examination. Regards