Have tinnitus. Tried Lipo-Flavonoid and liquid ring relief. No use. What can be done?

ENT Specialist
how do you get rid of singing voices in my head. I have tinnitus. Singing voices go very..very low
wutup to 3minutes or more.hen

I lay down to sleep. I can control what they sing. when i get up in morning they screem. It takes a while for them to quite down. onlt one or at most 2 voices. one base one tennor. when working on some, conceytation, the voices do their own thing until i take over.they take a long time sometimes to say a word. when they arec on their own. seem to stutter some times. Sat CAT out loud then thing cat cat cat for about 2-3 minutes or more..One guy said I was one of a kind. He was selling anti tinnitus stuff. Tried over the counter LIPO-FLAVONOID & liquid RING RELIEF not effect. Even went ti Uof I clinics with no results.

Took Bilify. Did a number on me. Lost 6 months of my life. Only took Bilify lest than two weeks. Nurse Practioner and supervisor thought that might help. I was like a drugged person. The bilify did no leave my system as doctors thougy it would.
You had to have been here to see what it did to me.
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 45 minutes later
Hi, Thanks for thequery,

You are suffering from tinnitus. Well,Ringing in the ear is referred to as Tinnitus.

There are herbal medicines like the ginkgo biloba, homeopathic remedies which treats diseases based on their accompanying symptoms, acupressure, acupuncture, and biofeedback.

@ Foods high in cholesterol and containing caffeine must be avoided.
@ Cigarette smoking must also be stopped to prevent circulatory problems.
@ Foods that have high salt content must be avoided to prevent fluid retention in the ears.

You should immediately avoid
1. All types of milk products
2.All types of sweets made of sugar,jaggery,honey,,
3.all sweet fruits,
5.all types of protein powders,dry fruits,cashewnuts,almonds,pistha,walnuts

You can eat rice and wheat and jowar items.You can eat oranges,
seeded grapes,green apples,yellow apples.

In the mean time consult some ENT Specialist, and get an audiogram done to find out the nature and type of tinnitus. As far as medications are concerned there are few options available, but take them only after proper consultation.

Hope this will help you and I am ready for future follow ups.

Follow-up: Have tinnitus. Tried Lipo-Flavonoid and liquid ring relief. No use. What can be done? 12 hours later
DrvPuneet Maheshwari, ENT. You missed my point completely unless you think the singing voices are an out growth of the tinnitus. Then way did it take 18 plus years to show up. Have you heard or treated anyone with singing voices? Did you discuss this with any phychrist? I am not a scitizaphrinick or bi-polar. I do have the systems of dyslexia. There are only two voices. I can control them. when I lay down and relax they go away or I am not conscience of them. When I wake at night they do not do their thing. But as soon as I get up from resting, sleeping they take what ever my thought is and go to the top of their lunks and it takes me some time to wind them down. Mostly they are a real distraction because I have never read or comprehended very well in my life. Although I have a bachlors degree from Iowa State University in civil engineering. but I got out with a +2 point grade avg.
My ability to supervise people got me where I went before sickness. heart and IBS made me quite work. I wanted to work another five years. the last two years I worked I put in days, nights and week ends just to get my fourty hour/ wk in. I was able vto work until i was 55 to get a full annutity from wodk.

But that being a long story I am interested in you thought about THESE SINGING VOICES. When they first appeared there was a beautiful base and tenor voices. I can not carry a tune in a bushel basket. Please address what you know or can find out about singing voices. My hearing in my right ear is worse than my left. I wear hearing aids and the right is tuned higher than the left.
Thank you for any light you can shead on singing voices would be greatly appreciated. XXXXXXX . My birth date in 8/10/1941.
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 8 hours later
Hi again,

Sorry for your discomfort. The reason for these ringing sounds mostly are nerve problems. From your history I can understand the difficulty you are going through.

To find out if there is any neurological issue and its extend, please consult an ENT surgeon and get your audiometry test done. Once the cause is identified, probably we can check out the options to treat it. Before a proper examination, it would be futile to say of any cause or treatment.

Methylcobalamine has a role in treating tinnitus, but take this only after proper consultation.