Have tightness, burning in chest. No heart and gall bladder issues. Endoscopy showed hiatal hernia

I have tightness/ ache in upper chest running from armpit to armpit. EKG, echo, nuclear stress test all came back - no heart issues. I also ache in the center of chest some times. Pain usually comes on while sitting. Exceeding does not cause any problems. Endoscopy showed hiatal hernia- small. Hida scan and ultrasound showed no gallbladder issues. Also I get burning feeling in chest that uses up into head. It lasts about a minute or so. Omega ex it comes in waves and other times in single occupancy. It feels like my insides and kin is burning. Sometimes the burning feeling is in my back. I have Los felt burning in the right IDE of head that will last fir days or come and go. I have been to numerous drs. Including cardiologist, GI, along with primary care. Still no answers. Also my stools are often yellow which my doctor found telling. Help?
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
The symptoms mimic two conditions. Gastritis and pancreatitis.
Gastritis is more common because you have a hiatal hernia.
Please take antiacid medications daily for 15 days.Use antacids after food.Take small non spicy diet at regular interval.
De-stress yourself and avoid exertion.
If the problem persists a USG whole abdomen is required.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Do not worry we are there to help you out.
Have a nice day.