Ask a Urologist   »  

Have tight foreskin. How to fix this without surgery?

I have tight forskin how can I fix that without surgery
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later
Thanks for sharing your query to XXXXXXX
You have tight foreskin a medical condition called Phimosis.
It is important to know this is present from childhood or developed secondarily due to repeated infection of Glans Penis (Balanitis)
Non surgical treatment also depends on how severe is narrowing.
Local steroid cream, such as betamethasone, or betamethasone dipropionate for 4–6 weeks to the narrow part of the foreskin is relatively simple, may help in mild cases, provided there is no infection.
Stretching of the foreskin can be done manually or by balloons, by doctor.
Circumcision, super incision, or Preputioplasty, are surgical options are minor in nature treats condition completely.
It is not necessary to do surgery in every case but it would be appropriate to consult a Surgeon in this regard.
Hope this information helps, if you have any further query, I will be available to help you.
Dr. A. Dubey M.D.

Follow-up: Have tight foreskin. How to fix this without surgery? 2 hours later
How much will the circumsion surgery cost without insurance and is it painful
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 53 minutes later
Thanks for your follow up,
Please get examined by a surgeon to detect exactly severity of problem and the need for surgery. If possible just stretching and application of steroid under medical supervision may work for you.
I am not sure about the cost of such simple surgery in US. It should be north of $2000.
This can be done in local Anaesthesia and post operative it may take few days to heal.
This information should be useful to you, if there is any other query please feel free to ask.
If there is no further query kindly rate my answer and close our discussion.
Dr. A. Dubey M. D.
Follow-up: Have tight foreskin. How to fix this without surgery? 1 hour later
Where can I get steroid cream
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 9 hours later

Thanks for writing back,

Such ointments come in different strengths hence not available as OTC.You may have to get it through prescription from your GP (Doctor).

Please inform me about progress.
If there is any doubt please do let me know.
Good Luck.

Dr. A. Dubey M. D.