Have tight chest with discomfort under arm pit and arm. On medication for high BP and anti depressant

I have intermittent symptoms of tight chest (not pain) with discomfort under the right arm pit and arm. I am in my 60's and am on several medications including fluid retention relief, high blood pressure and anti deprescents. I have noticed tenderness when pressing under my rib cage.
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Tenderness on pressing - points to a local cause...
This area pertains to rib and muscle / liver and gall bladder / diaphragm / lungs and pleura...
You need physical examination / possibly investigations – ECG to exclude embolism; X-ray chest to exclude rib involvement, lung infection or pleural fluid; ultrasound to look at the liver and gall bladder....
The pain in the arm pit is probably referred pain from here... / Breast involvement has to be excluded..
It is necessary to see your doctor

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck