Have throat pain and rashes around neck. What to do?

since January my throat has been off and on paining me. It all started when in the process of eating i had these dried fish bone punched my throat badly. In the bid to removed the fish bone off my throat, I was advised to swallow big lump of bread and i did. After the swallowing I could not really understand whether the bone goes down the throat to my stomach? or it punches my throat and remained there? The only thing am sure is that my throat has not been in perfect condition after the incidence. There this unexplainable rashes around my neck and head regions. Sometimes I do have headache.
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

I have read your query with diligence.

In my view, the bone passed through your throat down to the stomach. It is unlikely to be retained in the throat for this long. Be rest assured that it is not in your throat.

You may want to get a flexible fibreoptic scope passed down your throat to look for any obstruction, tears, retained bone et al. An ENT surgeon would be able to perform this for you. It is a day care procedure and you could return home the same day.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have more queries.