Have the habit of masturbation, with pleasure in fingering in anus. Is this safe?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Dear Sir,
I am a male of 28 years age and I suffer from a problem that I practice a weird form of masturbation.
While masturbating my penis I also stimulate my anus with my fingers , that is I insert my finger inside my anus and move it around , that gives me extra pleasure.

Recently I started feeling a lot of guilt over this and stopped the habit as I am straight and attracted towards girls.
Also I am worried because I know that anal sex causes hiv , I only washed my hands with running water and no soap , and didnot even dry the hands and started doing anal stimulation .

PLease tell me whether I am really at risk for hiv and whether I need a test because I am about to marry in a year and I dont want to infect a girl with hiv .
I am worried and in worse mental condition please help me .

Rgds ,

XXXXX
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Anal sex with another person only carries risk. Both insertion and receptive sex carry a lot of risk.
Inserting one's own finger is not at all having any risk towards HIV. Masturbation is safe from any STD/HIV, similarly the insertion of finger into your own anus is not at all infectious.Virus cannot come from your body when you don't have any infection. Only anal sex with a person who has HIV is infectious, that too anus to penis contact.
Don't have any type guilty conscious and you can get married without any problem.
Relax yourself.
Dr s XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Have the habit of masturbation, with pleasure in fingering in anus. Is this safe? 2 days later
Thanks Sir,

I have understood your point and thanks for your support but is there anything to

reduce my anxiety because I am feeling that I have done something which other

boys or men have not done , that is a guilt feeling is always haunting me .

Welcome back to XXXXXXX

Just imagine a child having the habit of thumb sucking. It is just like that. Nothing to have a guilty complex or fear for HIV.
Relax well. If you could not able to relax, seek the help of a psychiatrist.He/she will help you in this regard to reduce your anxiety.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Have the habit of masturbation, with pleasure in fingering in anus. Is this safe? 35 hours later
Thanks Sir,

You have been very supportive . One last question .

After bowel motion I wash down there using a spray nozzle.

i usually have the habit of washing my anus slightly inside the opening because

if i dont do so I get itching in the inside of my anus .

Is that a wrong habit ??

Rgds,

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Hi XXXXX,

Itching of the anus may be due to variety of reasons. Introducing fingers and also the nostrils of the spray frequently leads to minor injuries, over which secondary infections (bacterial or fungal) are possible.By introducing spray which may have some chemicals that could irritate and produce some inflammation and secondary to that itching is possible. Lastly worm infestations also cannot be ignored. So it is better or you to be examined by a physician and take his/her advice to overcome the problem of anal pruritus.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan.

Follow-up: Have the habit of masturbation, with pleasure in fingering in anus. Is this safe? 17 days later
Dear Sir,

I will trouble you again with a question that relates to hiv.

In my previous question I have already discussed that after bowel motion I

wash my anus using a nozzle and my left hand fingers. I dont only clean

the surface of my anus but also press my finger tip slightly inside the anus

opening while making the front to back movement along the anus to get better cleaning .

Recently again a worry came to my mind that cleaning slightly inside the anus is

a wrong thing to do and nobody else does it this way and that I can get hiv from

this habit .

This feeling and anxiety is killing me again . Please help me doctor !!!!!

I was relieved after your answers but now again I have started to worry .

Help me out of this please !!!

Rgds,

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No risk for HIV through anal self stimulation

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.

I think that you are not inserting your fingers into the anus not for better cleaning inside (which is not at all necessary), but as a measure of pleasure for which you are dependent.
Once again I assure you that inserting one's own fingers into his anus could not cause HIV infection.
There is a totally 'nil' risk for HIV.
Feel relaxed, you will not get HIV through this method.
Dr S.Murugan