Have tendonitis. What is the healing period?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I have been told I have tendonitis in my right wrist, I have had this sence the 6/11/11. How long should tendonitis take to heal?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 minutes later
The healing in persistent tendonitis depends on many factors.
Continuous movement, stressful exercise, poor blood supply, recurrent injury, etc delay the healing.
Protecting the area from stress by using a brace and giving adequate rest is a must.
cortisone injections are needed.
Strengthening and physical training under the guidance of a proficient physiotherapist is the mainstay of treatment.
Any injury to the tendon needs to be ruled out after investigations like MRI.
With adequate treatment, it usually takes 8-10 weeks for the pain to subside completely.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.