Have temporal arteritis. On aspirin and cortisone. Noticed thinning of skin and blood spots under it

My mum is getting little blood spots, thinning skin on forearms, whilst coming down on cortisone, now 8mg from temporal arthritis.Her heartbeat is a little irregular.Dr has taken ECG and heart monitor 2 days ago, Im wondering about interactions with aspirin she takes and also with any other other nutritional supplements?
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 25 minutes later

Yes, the toxicity of either drugs cortisone or aspirin is increased when both the drugs are taken together.

So the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding and ulcers is increased.

This is a significant interaction.

Also the symptoms that you are noticing like blood spots under the skin, and thinning of skin is a part of it.

If it is extremely essential to take the two drugs together then it may be better to take them at the lowest possible dosages.

Cortisone does not really interact with nutritional supplements.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Have temporal arteritis. On aspirin and cortisone. Noticed thinning of skin and blood spots under it 13 minutes later
Thankyou. I will check that her cortisone specialist Dr. knows she is taking aspirin daily.
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 3 hours later
Great, glad to help.