Have swollen eyelid, headaches and bump at the top of jaw. How to get relief?

Nov 2013

Symptoms are: Swollen eyelid (left eye), headaches and now i have a bump at the top of my jaw under my ear that hurts. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 18 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.

The most likely cause can be an infection of the skin over eyelid, called as cellulitis. This can lead to swelling of eyelid and headache. There may be associated fever too.

The bump under your ear could be a lymph gland (node).

You could start with analgesics such as ibuprofen or diclofenac.

If any obvious signs of infection are present, such as fever, increased warmth over the swollen eyelid, redness of the affected area, then a course of antibiotics may be necessary.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Medicine) DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist