Have swelling on pubic bone. No pain. What to do?

Hi, I have a slight swelling on right side of my pubic bone I am concerned about.. It is about 2 in long and soft to the touch. It is not painful. I am 61 yo male. Thanks for taking m y question.
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 2 hours later
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns. A growth in that location could have a multitude of causes, but the main thing to rule out is an enlarged lymph node, which is small pieces of body tissue that help protect against infection, but can be enlarged in infectious, inflammatory, traumatic or neoplastic processes. These can be painful or painless, soft consistency sometimes rubbery. A provider needs to examine it, if it looks like an enlarged lymph node, then a cause of the enlargement needs to be sought, and there are situations in which even a fine needle biopsy might be indicated if there are concerns.

Hope this is useful wish you the best health blessings.

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN