Have swelling on neck and pain in throat after unprotected oral sex. How to overcome this?

it's been17 days since I gave a guy unprotected oral sex, my neck is still swollen and I have a liitle pain in my throat I notice it when drinking or eating and my top lip is still swollen in the inner lip there little Tiny bumps but they dont hurt at all but I think that why my lip has not gone down a whole lot.
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 9 hours later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
Unprotected oral sex exposes you to various sexually transmitted illnesses.
The throat pain that you have developed along with the swelling on the lips can be due to two reasons:
1) Infections.
2) Allergy.
There are lot many viruses and bacteria (gonorrhoea) which can cause sore throat after doing oral sex. Similarly they can cause inflamation of lips and it generally takes 2-3 weeks to heal. If it has not been better since last 17 days then probably you need to get an throat swab taken by a microbiologist who would like to culture your throat organisms. You can decide on the medication depending upon the culture reports. Until the you can start with warm water salted gargles with a few drops of betadine in it.

The other possibility is that it could be an allergy. Many times men apply balms and lubricants and other chemicals over their penis. When you come in contact with them it causes allergic swelling. Generally it doesnt last for this long. However you can still give a try to cetrizene which should reduce the swelling in either case.

Do visit an ENT specialist who would like to do a local examination of your throat and order the tests for you.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.