Have swelling on forehead. What could be causing this?

Hi I m trying to find out what causes my swelling of my forehead, eyes Nd bridge of my boss but not sure why?
It has only happened on three occasions all in holiday an when visiting the beach. If I stay by the swimming pool it doesn't swell, it only happens when I have been on a beach.
The swelling then goes from forehead first, ten the outside of my eyes with the last of the swelling to go being the bridge over my nose and top eyelids.
It has lasted for up to 4 days.
Thank you
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
This is what we call as angioneurotic oedema.
This is usually of allergic origin.
The specific nature of the swelling indicates a perticular allergen which you come across in perticular situations,as in your case on beach.
Next time you can take a oral anti allergic tablet and see the response,a quicker regression then will confirm the diagnosis.(we call this a theraputic trial)
Any further query in this regard ,please do get back to me.