Have swelling on ankles, joint pains, headache, hematuria, back pain with fatigue, tiredness. Changes in parotid. Why?

ENT Specialist
Having swelling on ankles, joint pains, headache front both sides,hematuria, back pain, left arm and face towards back shoulder vibrations, tired, fatigue, changes in parotid and submandibular, blood tests .
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 12 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. After going through the detailed test reports, if you can reduce your BMI to below 30, most of your problems will be reduced.

2. Your ankle swelling may be due to hypothyroidism or developing congestive heart problems. Have you had a 2D Echo of the heart? Is your chest X-ray normal? Joint aches, back pain, fatigue are most probably due to excess weight or nutritional (vitamin and mineral) deficiency. The hematuria / urine report is not attached. (The blood report has been attached twice instead).

3. Have you had a Sleep study with and without your CPAP machine? If the CPAP is insufficient (which can happen due to a variety of reasons), get a trial with a BPAP (bi-level PAP).

4. A fatty infiltration similar to that seen in the liver may explain the salivary gland enlargement. This is seen in obesity and diabetes. Do you have alcohol? Another cause may be mouth breathing leading to excessive salivary production leading to salivary gland hypertrophy. An FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology) of the salivary glands by a Pathologist will settle the diagnosis.

5. Kindly let me know the results of your tests. This will help in suggesting further treatment.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.