Have swelling and pain in testicle. Tested negative for STD. Any permanent treatment?

General Surgeon
I live in Australia but right now Im traveling in LA. 2 weeks ago I went to the doctor regarding a swelling and pain in my left testicle. The doctor did some exams to see if it was any STD or just a bacterial infection. The results were negative about any possible STD, however, he gave me and antibiotic called Doxylin 100, which worked during the treatment.
4 days ago the swelling came back in the same testicle. And now I have a lump and the testicle looks a bit bigger than the other one. Im now in LA as I told you before and cant access to a doctor until saturday because dont have insurance here. What can I do to get better?

Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 57 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

The only thing you can do for such swelling is to put your testicles as high as possible (put them on the abdomen) when lying down. You should also have your underwear tight so the testicles wont hang freely.
Such symptoms can be caused by inguinal hernia, testicle inflammation, epididymis. In such way can also testicle cancer appear.
It is advisable for you to have testicles ultrasound performed.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.