Have surgery for tummy tuck. Quit smoking. Will I be fine for surgery?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
i have surgery on may 9th i quit smoking marijuana yesterday,will i be ok for my surgery
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been posted for some surgery on 9th May.
.
It would be much helpful to me if you post nature of surgery you are posted for.
.
As such stopping smoking Marijuana will definitely help you in going through smooth surgery , post operative period and speedy smooth recovery,

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Have surgery for tummy tuck. Quit smoking. Will I be fine for surgery? 5 days later
its a tummy tuck

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
It will definitely help to avoid Respiratory problems that occur under general anaesthesia and post operative cough.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil..