Have sunburn, splotchy rash from left chest downwards till left hips. What could be the reason?

Both my husband and daughter have developed a sunburn like splotchy rash on their chests down to their hips. It is primarily on the left side. Any clue?
Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Thanks for putting up your query.

I can help you however, in order to help you better; I would request you to answer the following parameters:
Is it the first time they are having this type of rash?

Do they have a fever / any other complaints?

Are these lesions increasing in size or have remained the same size/are they itchy painful/ raised or flat?

Will it be possible for you to upload better images taken under sunlight? (distant/close up/lateral view)

I am confident that I can give you a better opinion with the above details.

Awaiting your reply.
Dr Sudarshan