Have stabbing pain in inner thigh. Doesn't hurt to move leg, stand but while sitting get sharp pain. Suggest?

Question
I have a sharp stabbing pain in my upper inner right thigh area. it doesn't hurt to move the leg, stand or sit but while sitting I get the sharp stabs in this area that have persisted for about 8 hrs now.
the pain is intermitted like evry couple to a few minutes apart and last only a couple seconds.
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am Dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concern.

Based on the information it seems like you are having sharp pain in upper and inner side of right thigh, more over its intermittent and comes every few minutes and stand for few seconds.

It seems like a colic pain I need some more information about the groin area,
1) Do you have any swelling / bulging in groin? / any lymph node swelling?
2) Any redness in that area?
3) Does it improves with lying?
4) can you lift you leg up to 30 degree from lying flat and have any pain in back?
5) If you received a direct hit to your leg or groin area?
6) Any nausea./ vomiting / urine trouble ?
7) any fever?
8) any constipation ?

Please answer the above mention question so that i will have required information.

Talk to you soon.
Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Have stabbing pain in inner thigh. Doesn't hurt to move leg, stand but while sitting get sharp pain. Suggest? 13 minutes later
There doesn't seem to be any swelling or bulging in the groin area but I do think I may have some lymph node swelling.
No redness in the area.
It started hurting while I was lying down in bed this morning.
I can lift my leg without pain.
No direct hit
no nausea/vomiting or urine trouble
no constipation

Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 26 minutes later

Welcome back, based on the information, I think you may have "lymphangitis" (inflammation of lymph nodes).

Their are various cause for lymphangitis may be bacterial / viral.

I will advice you to have it checked by near by physician as I can't not do any physical examination as well as can't order the blood report to find out exact cause of the lymphangitis.

You will have to under go blood test, physical examination, and may have to have to undergo other investigation after that you will be prescribed the antibiotics and things will be fine soon.

Please let me know if you need any advice mean while.

Thanks again.
Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Have stabbing pain in inner thigh. Doesn't hurt to move leg, stand but while sitting get sharp pain. Suggest? 16 hours later
Thank you, I have an appointment today.

Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 3 minutes later

Welcome back, thanks a lot for letting me know, and if possible please let me know what your physician say about the diagnosis, as I have very limited ability to XXXXXXX you.

Let hope things gets better soon. Wish you all the very best of health.

Thanks again.
Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX