Have squamous cell or precursor on the side of face. Red, scaly and sore. What can this be?

Pretty sure I have a squamous cell or precursor to it on the side of my face in front of my left ear. I have noticed it for several days and have had one froze there before. Its red and scaly and is kind of sore. I have an appointment Thurs with a dermatologist but wondered if there is anything I can put on it to help with soreness in the meantime? Thanks
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 32 minutes later
I would not dwell in possible and probable causes of such lesion as just by the description provided it is hard to predict.
I would encourage you to XXXXXXX your dermatologist on Thursday. In the interim to reduce soreness, do warm water compresses over the lesion and apply a steroid antibiotic cream over it. Take ibuprofen or paracetamol orally for effective control of pain or soreness

Hope that helped.
Should there be any other query, please write back.