Have spinal stenosis, herniated and bulging disks. No relief from percocet. What to do?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
I have alot of phycical problems im looking for a dr. that writes pain medication. i dont have money im on a fixed income yous should be ashamed of yourselves spinal stenosis in my neck and lower back. 2 herneated disks in my neck. 2 bulging disks in lower back. and nueropathy in my legs very bad. i live in st. clair, pa i will travel. i take 30 oxy's & 7.5 percocet. 325 for alomst 12 yrs.. i need a new doctor i have medicare & medicade for ins. nobody wants to take medicare. i will travel i have a driver. i have my last scripts for nov. which end dec. 6th and i dont know what im going to do i refuse any type of operation on my back or neck im afraid.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You are getting maximum medicines for pain. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You have degenerative disease of spine in the form of disc prolapse.Disc prolapse is causing spinal stenosis and this results in pain. If stenosis is of severe degree then surgery is the only choice. You are getting maximum medicines for pain relief. You can opt for other pain relieving modalities like ozone ablation of disc,Radio frequency ablation,Epidural steroid etc.These are done on day care basis and these are only minor procedures.You can consult pain physician. Physiotherapy also plays a great role in these conditions.It causes strengthening of para spinal muscles and reduces further chance of prolapse. You should avoid certain postures like don't abruptly bend forward and avoid standing for long time. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Have spinal stenosis, herniated and bulging disks. No relief from percocet. What to do? 43 minutes later
all i wanted from you was to answer me where can i find a doctor in my area that writes these pain scripts for me thats all. i know the rest and you could'nt even do that. i reported my problem to you and your answer did not satisfy me. like i said im from st. clair, pa. my docotor changed there ins. i have medicare & medicade. i desparetly need a doctor how much clearer can i make this. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 12 hours later
Brief Answer: You can contact customer care. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing back Sorry,i misinterpreted your question. You can contact customer care. Get well soon. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX