Have spinal arthritis and bp of 155/95. Should I be worried?

General Surgeon
I am 76 and have bp of 155/95. I do not smoke, do not drink, have a reasonable amount of exercise (cycling 2 miles a day), and weigh 177 lbs (80 kilos). No ill health except some spinal arthritis. Should I be worried?
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

It is very good for your health doing exercises, not smoking and not drinking. Your weight seems to be in the range as long as you are not shorter than 160 cm.
What should make you aware is your blood pressure. Such result 155/95 tells that you might suffer from mild hypertension. It is advisable for you to have your blood pressure regularly checked and if you will receive such result again, you should ask your doctor for checkup and treatment.
In your age you should also have cholesterol and sugar level checked every once in a while. It is also advisable to have colonoscopy every 10 years performed.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.