Have sore throat. Painful and irritation. Took erythromycin and still no relief. Suggest the cure?

I have a sore throat for the last 36Hrs and is very painfull and irritation , I have taken 5 tabs of 500mg erythromycin in the last 24Hrs and still no relief.
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stop self medicating

Detailed Answer:

5 Tabs of 500mg erythromycin in last 24 hours is very high dose. Do stop taking any more. Such unformulated dosage may not work.

Gargle with antiseptic solution like CHLORHEXIDINE thrice daily after food. This will fight against the infection by having a direct contact with the throat mucosa.

This for two days would cure the infection and make you healthy for sure.