Have sore testicles. Swab test results show staphylococcus haemolyticus. Long term effect on fertility? Medication?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I had a swob test and results show I have staphylococcus haemolyticus could you tell me more about this as I have not heard of it before today . I have sore/tender testicles and am particularly worried about it effecting long term effects on my fertility and what medication should be taken go get rid of this bacteria
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have tender sore testicles and has done swab test which revealed Staphylococcus Haemolyticus infection
I hall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me to make any comment on your problem.
1) Did you have unprotected sex preceding this episode.?
2) Do you have fever and any urinary symptoms ?
3) Do you have any urethral discharge?

Staphylococcus Haemolyticus infection is an infection caused by bacteria called Staphylococcal Haemolyticus.

There is nothing to worry about it can be combated by taking combination of antibiotics like Trimethoprim and Sulphamethoxazole twice daily .

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and take above mentioned antibiotic along with anti inflammatory medicine Diclofenac as per his advice and guidance.

Do not worry it will not affect your fertility.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Have sore testicles. Swab test results show staphylococcus haemolyticus. Long term effect on fertility? Medication? 52 minutes later
yes I did have unprotected sex

Yes I have a tiny bit of discharge

I don't have any fever

I did have pain urinating but after a shot of rocephin for suspected gonorrhoea that seems to have stopped

I have now tested negative for gonorrhoea and chlyamydia

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
You have acquired this infection due to unprotected sex .Start taking antibiotics which I have mentioned earlier.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Have sore testicles. Swab test results show staphylococcus haemolyticus. Long term effect on fertility? Medication? 4 hours later
I have been given moxifloxacin 400 mg one a day for seven days

And metrim 400mg two after breakfast and two after dinner

Is this correct

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
The antibiotic which have been prescribed to you are also used in UTI .However the combinaton of Trimethoprim and Sulphamethoxazole is a specific drug against Staphylococcus Haemolyticus.
Please try to get the prescription of the said drug.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.