Have soar throat and tingling ears and cough. Took mucinex. Have diffuculty swallowing. Cure?

hi ,

i have soar throat and tingling ears and cough for the past 48 hours . i took mucinex for the mucus but it did not help the cough. my voice has changed and i dont feel like eating . i dont have diffuculty swallowing though
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Omer 43 minutes later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help with your query.

As you have said that you have , sore throat , tingling ears , cough , change in voice , decreased appetite and no swallowing difficulty.

I think your body will be warm , and temperature high as well , if sore throat ( acute tonsillitis) is not relieved by cough suppressants that one can buy from over the counter like mucinex.

mostly bacterial infections of tonsils , cause trickling down of pus , causes change in voice and can cause infection of upper part of lungs , causing sputum with cough.

And cough increasing , with decreased in appetite means you need Antibiotics like amoxicillin , cefuroxime , with decongestants like cetrizine , saline ( salt ) gargles twice a day , with paracetamol , to take away the change in voice , and increase your appetite.

You need to go to ER to get these medicines and till then drink more warm liquids like tea , coffee , milk , soup , with gargles ( two tea spoon ) .

Hope this helps.

Wishing you health and happiness.

Take care,