Have small purple spot under eye. Getting bigger and darker. Serious?

My four year old son has a small ( half the size of a pencil eraser ) purple spot under his eye. It's not touching the eye at all. Whenever my children have rashes or spots I always press on them to see if they blanch. This one spot does not blanch. He does not have any other spots on his face or body. Do you thin this is just a bruise type spot where he had bumped into something and since the skin between the under eye and cheek are thin have caused a spot or could it be a sign of something more serious? I noticed the spot Monday night. It has not gotten any bigger or darker, maybe it has faded a little but not much.
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 2 hours later

If the child got the spot with out any other symptoms like fever, vomiting, irritability etc I don't think you should worry about.
It is quite possible he had injury and this is due to bleeding under the skin. The other thing it could be
due to benign purpura where fragile blood vessels may rupture under the skin.

I think you should keep an eye on him. If it happens again you should take him to Paeditrician for blood test eg Haemoglobin, Full Blood and Platelet Counts.

Kindest regards,