Have small lump on collar bone and can move it from under collar bone to above it. What could it be?

Oncologist
Question
Iam 30 year old male, I have small lump on collar bone, its on right hand side and close to the start of collar bone meeting shoulder. Its about 0.5cm and can move it from under collar bone to above it, don't have any other symptoms its firm but not rock hard. Keep reading about hodgkins ?
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Hi
The size of the lump is too small and mobile and hence likely to be normal only. You don't have any other symptoms so chance of anything serious is low.
I don't feel there is any possibility of Hodgkins disease but a formal physical examination by a doctor may reassure you even more.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.

Follow-up: Have small lump on collar bone and can move it from under collar bone to above it. What could it be? 5 minutes later
So do you think it is a lymph node ? If it stays the same size over next few weeks would you suggest going to see my doctor

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 6 hours later
Yes, it looks like a lymph node. If it stays the same then it can be observed only.