Ask a Urologist   »  

Have small, flesh colored, painless, bumps on penis shaft. Underlying cause?

Psychiatrist
Question
I've had small flesh colored bumps on my shaft and base of my shaft. They do not itch or burn nor do they really react to ACV some are just bumps and some come up a tiny bit and feel like a very small skin tag in the area between my thigh and shaft. I've done a lot of research and cannot come to a conclusion. Please help
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 51 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have went through your discussion and also seen the snaps that you have attached.
I am sure you would be very relieved to know that they are a normal phenomenon and are present normally. Some people may have them more some have them less. But all said they are normal. These are the places from where the new hair follicles will appear.
No doubt you couldn't find them even on net after a lot of research.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
Psychiatrist and Sexologist

Follow-up: Have small, flesh colored, painless, bumps on penis shaft. Underlying cause? 10 minutes later
Wow that is a weight of my chest!!! So what is this called? And it isn't contagious?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 9 minutes later
Hello again,
They are called sebaceous glands. It is not an infection or anything and hence not contagious.
You seem to be perfectly fine.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Psychiatrist and Sexologist

Follow-up: Have small, flesh colored, painless, bumps on penis shaft. Underlying cause? 4 minutes later
Thank you very very very much for your knowledge! So it will resolve on it's own? Is there a way I can speed up that process? Will it ever go back to normal?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
They will reduce with time but some may stay. It is not an illness.
Like you have a nose which will never disappear and you don't mind it staying there.
No it will never be normal, cause you are growing.
You have a beard, can it disappear? No, Similarly here as well.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy. MD