Ask a Urologist   »  

Have small cuts on foreskin. Should I wait for recovery or get it checked?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
ReadMy name is XXXXXXX am 16I have two small cuts from retracting my foreskin and I was wondering should I wait until they heal to do it again or should I just keep going ? Thanks in advance
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am very pleased to be able to help you with your health query,

I suggest you better stop until healing takes place as continuation will risk more trauma and hence an increased risk of developing an infection. Retracting your foreskin is a good way of keeping away from developing problems with your penis due to lack of circumcision. I am wondering if you have ever considered circumcision (question is rather directed to your parent) as it will be a definitive way of prevent problems due to uncircumcised penis such as phimosis, paraphimosis, infections etc. Well I will respect your religious values or personal believes and you would not have to do that, if your believes are against it.
If retracting is your only option, then I suggest you wait until it heals (pain, infection and more cuts my develop if you continue). Another option is proceed with caution (i.e slowly until your foreskin can fully be retracted).

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah

Follow-up: Have small cuts on foreskin. Should I wait for recovery or get it checked? 4 hours later
How much time does it take for the uts to heal

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 9 minutes later
It could take like 5-7 days for effective healing to take place. Just observe yourself, when it is completely healed.

Hope this helps
Dr. Bernard

Follow-up: Have small cuts on foreskin. Should I wait for recovery or get it checked? 1 hour later
Okay thanks for all help

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 39 minutes later
You are highly welcome and please if you are satisfied do accept my answer.
Dr. Nsah