Have sinus infection, boil and infection in ear with constant headaches. Antibiotics did not helped. Suggest?

I went to the Doctors 2 months ago regarding a sinus infection but apparently I have a boil in one ear and an infection in the other. The Doctor referred me to a specialist about a month ago because the antibiotics have not worked. I cannot get in to see the specialist until 23 September but my ears are now more painful and I have constant headache? Is there anything I can do other than paracetamol please? I run my own business which is very busy and it is impacting on my efficiency.
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotic, NSAID, Serratiopeptidase, ear hygiene

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Since you told infection and boil, these need to be treated and can't wait till September 23rd.

If you have any of the inflammatory signs like redness, swelling, raised temperature (local or systemic) and any discharge from ears then you require topical antibiotic like (Ciplox ear drops). If fever then systemic antibiotic is required. Keep your both ear dry and clean.

As a GP for my patients with such complaints I usually advice NSAIDs (I usually prefer Ibuprofen 400mg or Paracetamol 650 mg three times a day) with serratiopeptidase (If any inflammatory swelling) and a course antibiotic (I prefer Amoxiclav). For the prescription of these medications, please do consult your GP or Family Physician.

Along with these do steam inhalation three times a day and anti histamine like loratidine to reduce secretion or to relieve from eustachian tube blockage (If present due to middle ear infection) will be very helpful.

Hope these measures help you to relieve from pain and infection. Consult your doctor for further management.

Feel free to ask if any queries and I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health.