Have sinus infection and feeling congested. Not cured by predniisone. Right medication?

ENT Specialist
I have a sinus infection for the last two week nothing working they put me on predniisone head still killing me HELP.I dont have a fever.head mostly hurt on the right side.little congested.
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 4 hours later

I have gone through your query regarding right sided sinusitis for last one week. You are being given prednisone; but remain useless.

You have not reported any other problem associated with sinusitis as - running nose, nasal obstruction, sore throat, etc. It is strange not to have the associated symptoms with sinusitis. I would also like to know if you have been investigated. A few tests that are essential include-
(1) C.T. scan of paranasal sinuses.
(2) Culture and sensitivity of nasal swab.
(3) Blood - Complete hemogram including ESR, blood sugar and Lipid profile.

Beside those, a thorough examination including your blood pressure check, ophthalmic and ENT examination is must. We also need to exclude the possibility of migraine.

In brief, with only little congestion, very bad headache may be related to other causes too. The aforementioned tests will helps us narrow down to the exact cause; we can plan your treatment better accordingly. Therefore I urge you to discuss with your treating doctor and get evaluated.

I can be able to guide you further if you can upload the test results here.