Have sinus, hiatal hernia and arthritis in hips which was replaced. But still in pain, took Tramadol. Suggest?

Question
IT HAS BEEN EIGHT WEEKS SINCE SUREGERY AND I AM STILL HAVING A LOT OF PAIN. I ALSO TOOK THE DRUG TRAMADOL AND I DO NOT FEEL WELL AT ALL. WILL I EVER FEEL NORMAL AGAIN. I AM A FEMALE 77 YEARS OF AGE. XXXXX
Posted Sun, 6 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unbearable pain needs evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mrs.XXXXX,

Thank you for posting your query. I have gone through your problems.

Unbearable pain after 8 weeks of surgery needs to be evaluated to find out the reason.

Generally after hip replacement a person will have pain but that pain will not last so long.

The causes I can think of are a dislocated hip joint, infection of the surgical area.

I suggest you to go back to your surgeon who performed the hip replacement to rule out any infection or dislocation of the replaced joint.

Meanwhile you can apply hot compresses to the part and restrict the mobility.

This will relieve pain and you can continue the medication as advised by your doctor.

Loss of appetite, fatigue and feeling ill may suggest that there could be an infection.

I hope I have answered your query. Please do write back if you have any doubts.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Warm regards.