Have shoulder pain, told to be fibrosis and given tablets. Started again and due to incorrect sitting posture

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hello Doctor,

I have pain in my shoulder trapezium part from almost more than a year, when i consulted a doctor, he said in this age it generally happens and it will go, I remember him saying Fibrosis. He gave me tablets. It again started, same way i consulted another doctor. But its stops for few days and again its starts.

Later on i got to know that its because of incorrect sitting posture and many software professionals are facing same issue.
Please suggest me what to do on this.

Any medication??
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do regular stretching and strengthening exercises

Detailed Answer:

You are correct. Improper sitting posture and stress is the most common cause of trapezium muscle pain.

To relieve the stress and spasm, do regular stretching and strengthening exercises. A good massage daily twice a day and then hot fomentation will be helpful. But do hot fomentation after the application of massage, also take anti inflammatory ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day after meals as and when required. Applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful to relieve the spasm.

Try to correct your posture and any awkward position.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.