Have severe swelling of legs, discolored toes and teeth have started falling out. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My husband has a pain pump that is bothering him. His symptoms now are severe swlling of lower legs, discolored toes, unable to walk without stiffness, and in the last week his teeth have started falling out
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs investigations to find out the cause.

Detailed Answer:
The severe swelling of the legs with discoloration of the toes could be related to a vascular compromise, deep vein thrombosis, cardiac or renal problem, persistent hypertension, increased salt intake, etc.
He needs a detailed evaluation to find out the cause.
The discoloration of the toes is a worrisome finding and needs an immediate evaluation. Inflammatory and infective causes also need to be ruled out after a direct examination.
Do consult his orthopedician for a proper evaluation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.