Have severe peripheral neuropathy and fell on butt. Suggest the tests to be taken

I recently fell right on my butt. I am 67 and don't fall often but I do have severe peripheral neuropathy I do not feel I landed on my hip but possibly the ischium I also feel like I could have cracked the head of that borne. I am 6 feet and 180 so I have little or no muscle or fat to protect the bone. Should I get it x-rayed?
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Recommendations Detailed Answer: hello again thank you for sending the question. In this situation I would absolutely recommend x-ray imaging studies. The fact you have continued pain is worrisome and this is definitely an indication to followup with a physician. If you have an emergency room close to where you live this would be a reasonable start. You mentioned that you are relatively thin. This is important but it is also important to consider your bone density. Unless you have chronic medical issues related to your bones your bone density should be adequate. However this is something that should be considered. Again my recommendation is to see a local physician as soon as possible at a facility which has x-ray capability. Thank you again for sending her question. Sincerely, Dr. Galamaga