Have sever stomach cramping and diarrhoea. what is intetrix and why it is used for?

what is intetrix? I am visiting Moscow and the pharmacist just told me to take it. I have sever stomach cramping and diarrhea. I'd like to know exactly what it is for. I also use Lantus and Novolog insulins is there a contraindication?
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 23 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
The  intetrix is used  to treat patients with bacterial dysentery, escherichiosis, intestinal form klebsiellosis and cholera. There has been demonstrated marked therapeutic effectiveness of this preparation.

There is no data which suggests that it should not be or can't be used in people taking insulin injections.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Have sever stomach cramping and diarrhoea. what is intetrix and why it is used for? 11 minutes later
Thank you. Intetrix sounds like it may have been over prescribed in my case. I told the pharmacist that I have bloating and diarrhea and stomach cramps. I would imagine mostly due to gas AND the fact that I just had a 15 hour plane trip from Los Angeles to Moscow (of course it doesn't help that I am 60 years old and diabetic).

Is it your opinion that I should proceed with the intetrix just as a precautionary measure?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
You may proceed with the usage of intetrix.