Have sensitive skin on back of knee. Can varicose veins cause this?

The skin on the back of my knee is sensitive to the touch today after a walk. Can varicose veins cause this?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 9 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
varicose veins usually do not cause sensitive skin.
The usual complains of varicose veins are pigmentation,pain and local swelling of the area.
Apply calamine lotion to the skin regularly for a week and see the changes.
Hope this answers your query.
If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Have sensitive skin on back of knee. Can varicose veins cause this? 10 minutes later
Are there any compression socks you would recommend for vericose veins? I have a large varicose vein that starts at the top of my leg near my inner thigh and goes all the way down my leg. I am trying to get a referral to have it checked soon but want to do what I can to help it now. Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 6 minutes later
SIGVARIS offers a large no of stocking and socks for varicose veins.Please check them out.
Please do not carry heavy load,do not stand or sit for a long duration of time.
If you have a large varicose vein get a doppler study and an expert opinion as soon as possible.