Ask a Urologist   »  

Have sensitive penis tip. Is it due to masturbation?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2012
Dec 2012

Question
My bell end seems to be very sensitive. I do masterbate a lot and I ejaculate quite easily. How can I desensitise my bell end. Will it recover if I stop masterbating? And my bellend looks kind of red. I've had a layer of skin peel off as well before and if I rub iit when I'm having a shower it would make me want to urinate if I rub hard enough.
Posted Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX,

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

From your description it is most likely due to the masturbation that you are having the sensitive tip of penis. You need to understand that masturbation is an intense act done with your hands that are harder than the vaginal walls. When scrubbing your hands on your penis you peel off the cells on the tip and can predispose to infection or inflammation. When the skin peels off, it exposes the sensitive nerves beneath hence reason for the sensitivity.
You should try good lubricants when masturbating. The more dry your hands are, the more you will be getting the problems.
Answer to your question, yes stopping masturbation will allow time for skin to heal. Meanwhile, you should also abstain from sex for a while to allow your penis to heal. You can consult a doctor for review and also assistance. You might require treatment to improve the healing.
Hope this helps

Dr Nsah