Have seborrheic dermatitis. Skin gets tight after washing with noble zinc soap. Safe to use daktacort?

Hi i have seborrheic dermatitis on my face. I am washing my face with noble zinc soap morning and night using an extra gentle buf puf. This has made a great improvement to my skin. I came across this on a website called Dr XXXXXXX skincare. I am currently applying daktacort cream at night only after washing with noble zinc soap and buf puf. I am not sure if this regimine is ok to do continually each day? I am not sure if I should be washing my face twice a day with this soap and if I should be using daktacort cream every day at night? The reason I have my doubts is I find it difficult to sleep because my skin is tight after washing at night or it may be the use of a buf puf twice a day? I may need a moisturiser after washing at night but I am very relunctant to use a moisturiser because they make the condition worse. Therefore I apply the daktacort cream. Should the daktocort cream be rubbed well into my skin. I am not sure if daktacort cream should smeared on or rubbed into the areas around my nose and eyebrows? My skin looks clear but I am worried that I may be overdoing things? I am a male age 41. Height 5ft 10inches. Weight 12 st 10 lbs. The only other medical condition I have is colitis which is kept under control with tablets.
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
thanks for sending your query to us.
Dektacort is a steroid.Prolong use of steroids has it's own problems.
I would be happy if Dektocort could be tapered off to its minimal level.
one way to do would be to mix it with some face cream which you can safely use,thereby reducing the exposure to steroids.
After doing this for few weeks you can make it on alternate days,the idea being to reduce the exposure and have the same benefits.
Please check the ingredients of noble zink soap also that they do not have steroids also.
A gentle application of cream is good enough and it need not be rubbed in.
please do get back to me immediately in case of any further query.