Have scratchy skull skin with small boils which develops puss when colouring hair. What can be done?

I have very scratchy skull skin , it always has small boils , whenever I color my hair it develops puss n whenever I touch my hair it pains, please tell me what should I do?
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 41 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are suffering from can be seborrheic dermatitis or scalp psoriasis.
Both are treatable conditions and there is nothing to worry about.
You can apply a clotrimazole plus mild steroid like beclomethasone lotion once at night time.It will help in both the conditions.In addition to this you can use a good quality shampoo like sebowash shampoo for scalp washes.You can use the shampoo 2-3 times per week.
You will also need oral drugs like antibiotics /antihistaminics for relief.These can be prescribed by your doctor after proper examination.
A visit to dermatologist will allow proper diagnosis and treatment.
Hope this helps.
If you need any further clarification ,I will be available for follow up.