Have rumbling in my lower left back while sitting. What can be done?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi Dr. Grief, I have a rumbling in my lower left back, mostly when I am sitting
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clarifications required

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way.

1)when you say rumbling do you mean to say gurgling feeling?
2) How often does it occur?
3) How are ypur bowel movement? Do you pass excess of gases?
4) Has it been anytime painful?

Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

Regards and wish you good health,

Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist

Follow-up: Have rumbling in my lower left back while sitting. What can be done? 8 minutes later
1) Yes it is like a gurgling feeling.
2) When I am sitting up straight it happens every few minutes
3) My bowel movements are fine (once a day in the morning). I have not been passing excess gas.
4) No it is not painful, though there are times when my lower left back feels a little warm.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Faltulance

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
The gurgling feeling that you are experiencing at your back is actually the sensation of gases in your large intestine (the colon). The same occurs if you have eaten lot of spicy food or excess of proteins (legumes) in your diet. If you have added lot of legumes in your diet try to reduce them. You can do some physical activity in the morning which will help in release of gases and bowel movement.
Also you can start a brief course of tab Ranitidine 150 mg twice a day for 1 month which may show significant improvement in your gurgling feeling.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.