Have right bundle branch block and left posterior fascicular block. Serious? Can simvastatin cause this?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
I was recently told I have rbbb and lpfb is this serious and my other question is can 80 mg of simvastatin have any cause for this
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 5 hours later
Hello.

First of all, Simvastatin does not cause the side effects which you have mentioned.

Now let me come to your query, which is difficult to answer with information you have provided.

I would like to know some more information, as it will help me answer your query better.

1. Why was the ECG done? What are your complaints/symptoms?

2. Do you have any heart disease and on medicines?

3. Have undergone any other test, if so what are the results?

4. Do you have any giddiness or syncope?

Please get back to me with this information, so that I can give you more scientific and specific answer.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have right bundle branch block and left posterior fascicular block. Serious? Can simvastatin cause this? 1 hour later

the ECG was routine part of my checkup I have no heart disease that i know of and I am not on any medication for heart disease. I have had no other tests done and I don't have giddiness or syncope
Follow-up: Have right bundle branch block and left posterior fascicular block. Serious? Can simvastatin cause this? 10 hours later

Hi Doctor, did you get my last response. I answered the questions you had so that you could give me a complete answer Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back and answering the questions,

In that situation it is not of any major concern. However you would need detailed evaluation, only if you develop reccurent syncope or giddiness which can occur in small minority.

So relax and enjoy life, Continue to exercise regularly and eat healthy and stay healthy.

Hope I have answered all your concerns. Do write back to me if you have any doubts.

Please accept the answer if you do not have any further concerns.

Regards.

Thank you for getting back to me, I don't know what giddiness or syncope is, I was not told I have them so I took that as I don't I was just curious what giddiness and syncope are. and also do you feel I would possibly need a pacemaker eventually. My Primary GP told me it may be needed someday. Thank you very much for your answers. these are my last two questions.

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 4 hours later

Giddiness means reeling the head and unsteadiness and Syncope is fall with transient loss of conciousness. The pacemaker will be needed in very small minority.

Wish you good health