Have regular cycle and had intercourse. Have tingly breast, constipation and bloating. Pregnant?

I just turned 40 and have a regular 31 days cycle. Last period began 7/11/13 and I had intercourse the 26th and 28th of the month. I have very tingly breasts, constipation and bloating. Could I be pregnant and is it to early to test? I have also been tired but also not sleeping well.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Hi and thank yo so much for this query.

Ovulation often happens on the 14th day of the cycle irrespective of its length. From the information you have provided, you most likely had ovulation on the 7/24/13. The egg has an average life span of 36hours. Your fertile period is often considered to be +/-2days from this date and therefore was 22nd-26th of July 2013. It therefore means you had unprotected sex during this period and the chances of becoming pregnant are real

The symptoms you have reported may represent symptoms of early pregnancy but they are so non specific that they cannot be used to say you are pregnant or not for real. A pregnancy test can tell whether for real you are pregnant or not. As you have rightly mentioned it is still early and it is best to wait till at least the 8/11/13 before doing any.

My advice for now is stay calm. Patiently wait for the next menses and if they do not show up, then do a pregnancy test. Depending on the results, appropriate decisions would be made.

Hope this addresses your query fully and provides ample information for you to act on. if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask me and I will gladly address them. I wish you the very best of outcome per your heart desires about this. Once more, thank you so much for this opportunity to address your query.
Dr. Ditah, MD.