Have red rashes near groin and thighs. Have burning sensation, flaking skin and itching. Prescribed lobate-gm Cream and Ebernet. Cure?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Doctor,

I have red rashes near the groin and insides of the thighs.There is a burning sesation, flaking of skin and itching as well. I have been getting these infections from more than a year and it gets worse in summers. I had met a skin doctor who had advised the below medicines for fungal infections which didn't help much.
lobate-gm Cream,
Ebernet
Cadid dusting powder

Could you please help advise.

XXXXX
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for the query,

The location of lesion and aggravation in summer is suggestive of fungal infection.

Candid powder is fine but lobate gm is not required for long.
It is a steroid.

You follow the following protocol.
1. Apply Lobate gm daily in night and candid powder in day for a week.
2. After a week apply oint clotrimazole in night and candid powder in day.
This you must continue for at least one month, even if you get good response within a short period.

Application for one month is important to eradicate infection.
Along with this take tab cetrizine in night.
This will help in controlling itch.

Ebernet you should continue as per your doctors advice.

Dont worry you will be relieved.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you

Follow-up: Have red rashes near groin and thighs. Have burning sensation, flaking skin and itching. Prescribed lobate-gm Cream and Ebernet. Cure? 48 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks a lot for your reponse.

I also would like to discuss about some other issue which I have been facing.
From the last 1 month or so I have noticed that there are some brown patches on my chest. These were not present earlier, now suddenly I could see them appearing. I have attached images of the affected area. These patches appear on the left side of my chest. I had switched the deodrant which I normally use, could this be the reason?

XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 40 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up and the images.
No it is not looking like an allergy due to deo.
It again appears to be a fungal infection what we call as p. Versicolor. It is usually without any symptoms. Use the clotrimazole cream twice a day. This will give you relief.
Thank you.

Follow-up: Have red rashes near groin and thighs. Have burning sensation, flaking skin and itching. Prescribed lobate-gm Cream and Ebernet. Cure? 15 minutes later

Thanks again for your help.

I will start using the clotrimazole cream now on these patches. Just wanted to make sure that would the anti fungal cream be enough to clear up these patches and match the skin tone eventually?

Thank You !!

Hello XXXXXXX
yes the cream will be enough and you are alredy taking an anti fungal tablet, this too will help.
Just remember to apply for at least a month.

Thank you