Have red rashes near groin and inside thighs. Burning sensation and flaking skin. Suggested Lobate-gm Cream and Ebernet. Help?

Hello Doctor,
I have 2 queries.

1. I have red rashes near the groin and insides of the thighs.There is a burning sensation, flaking of skin and the area becomes smelly. I have been getting these infections from more than a year and its getting worse now. So far I have tried the below medicines on doctor's suggestion.
Lobate-gm Cream, Ebernet , Clotrimazole

However none of these were effective. Could you please help me.

2. From the last few months there are some brown patches appearing on the left side my chest. (Please see the attached images) These were not present earlier, now suddenly I could see them appearing.The last doctor I've met said that its a fungal infection (p. Versicolor) and advisesd me to use Clotrimazole. However they do not disappear even after using it for 2 months.

Could you please advise something to clear up these patches and which would match the skin tone eventually.
Thanks in advance.
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
D K gel

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Dermatology, working with an experienced Dermatologist. I answer on his behalf.

Lesions you have both in the groin and on the chest are fungal in nature.

The chest lesions are for sure Versicolor based on the appearance. Clotirmazole was gold standard for such infections but since recent years such fungal infections have developed resistance to clotrimazole. Hence, I suggest you to apply Miconazole based cream. D K gel or Zole is the brand name available in India and all over.

Apply the cream twice daily after thoroughly washing the area and wiping dry with a towel.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Have red rashes near groin and inside thighs. Burning sensation and flaking skin. Suggested Lobate-gm Cream and Ebernet. Help? 7 hours later
Thanks for your response Dr. XXXXXXX

I am getting married the next month, so need to get this cured as soon as possible.

Will Miconazole based creams D K gel or Zole be effective for the fungal infection or can you please prescribe a stronger medication. Iam worried the patches on the chest might become permanent.

Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 35 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Need not worry, Miconazole is one of the potent and best medication available. It does show its response within a week.